Saturday, April 17, 2010

The most stolen library books

The Scotsman says that "JACQUELINE Wilson has overtaken Harry Potter author JK Rowling as the writer whose books are most stolen from Scotland's libraries." JK Rowling only comes in at No.6, just step one ahead of Edid Blyton. A rather steep fall in just one year. A total of 129,450 books have disappeared from the shelves.

The report sys that "Thieves have instead been taking work by the likes of children's author Wilson, American thriller writer James Patterson and romance novelist Nora Roberts."

MOST STOLEN LIST INCLUDES:

1. Jacqueline Wilson
2. SQA school books
3. James Patterson
4. Francesca Simon
5. Nora Roberts
6. JK Rowling
7. Enid Blyton
8. Julia Donaldson
9. Matt Groening
10. Jodi Picoult
11. Stephen King
12. Stephenie Meyer
13. Irvine Welsh
14. Ian Rankin
15.Roald Dahl

The Scotsman

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who think Stephanie Meyer should not be on that list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the fact that I still reads Jacqueline Wilson whenever I need a good chirrrupping! And now finding out that it was first on the list, gives me a sense of much-needed-legitimacy by the majority of world readers that her books really are very very worthy to read (regardless of age!). Personally, JW books are like magic that sheltered me through my bumpy childhood years and gave me anwers to the question deemed 'unworthy' for adults attention. I guess the 'guardian-angel' feeling her books gave still sticks to me even wh...en I have grown up into a much wiser existence hence pretty much explains why I still love 'em. So will now refuse to secretly reads JW but in lieu, will stand tall and proudly yell " I'm 24 and I'M A JW FAN" =DD

    Still on feeling sentimental (excuse the female hormones), to all the wonderful people in my very own crafted list of favourites, thank you for making my world a bearable place. I will forever applaud and be indebted to yous =)

    Note: Also glad to see other since-childhood-favourites:
    Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton and new additon Stephanie Meyer making the cut too!

    ReplyDelete