Monday, October 09, 2006

Lemony Snicket calls it the day

I must admit that that my first reaction to that bit of news was, "What? Is he still writing that crap?" But then I have never been much of a fan of the Baudelaire orphans. After the first three books, I found them quite tiresome
and repetitive. But then, what do I know about children's books? (I liked the movie though!) They obviously have a big following. According to a Seattle-PI story, at one point, seven of the books in the series, were in the New York Times top-ten children's books.

Anyway, with the 13th book, a franchise that started in 1999 comes to a close. The final episode, The End, will be launched on October 26, and bring to a close the adventures of Violet-the inventor, Klaus-the bookworm, and baby Sunny. And oh, of course, the deliciously wicked Count Olaf.

Lemony Snicket's real-life alter ego, author Daniel Handler is 36 now and lives in San Francisco with his wife, children's book illustrator Lisa Brown and their son, Otto, 3.

Read the full story here

No comments:

Post a Comment